Re: limit user per ip in mod_dav

From: Jim Luther <luther.j@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:50:28 -0700
Cc: Blowfish <darwinfugu@gmail.com>
To: WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Just so you know, if you put limits like that on a WebDAV server, it
won't work with Mac OS X's WebDAV file system which handles multiple
concurrent requests from multiple file system clients (where a client
is some process thread). We tried queuing requests on the client and
handling them one at a time, but that made the file system very non-
responsive when a request that should be relatively fast (i.e. a
PROPFIND with a depth of 0) got queued up behind a request that could
take minutes or hours (i.e. a GET on a large resource).

In the current implementation, the Mac OS X WebDAV file system will
have at most 5 connections open with the server and will queue file
system client requests when all of those connections are in use.

- Jim