Re: Bugzilla issue 10, was: Plan to resolve issues in 2518bis

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> I guess what's giving me so much cognitive dissonance here is that
> prefixes now are not preserved but whitespace is. That seems
> inconsistent to me -- if some XML rewriting is OK but other XML isn't,
> what's the difference.

Well. Both are part of the XML Infoset and the XPath model, so there are
two independant W3C specs that consider them significant. That's why I'd
like servers to preserve both.

Maybe we should reconsider the issue? I think we have three servers
(SAP|Xythos|moddav) that can handle XML at all, so if there's a minimum
chance we can get all of them to preserve prefixes, we should just make
that the requirement.

Best regards, Julian