Re: Bugzilla issue 10, was: Plan to resolve issues in 2518bis

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:12:07 -0700
Cc: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Oct 13, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Actually what I'm asking for is that we don't change the text unless
> there clearly is a consensus to do so. The current spec says
> whitespace is significant, and as far as I can tell, nobody has asked
> for a change of that.

Fair enough, although now I'm thinking we should be specific about XML
values, and about the beginning/end of the value as well as the middle.
  I was thinking that the existing text in 2518 applied only to text
property values.

I'm still very curious to hear what implementations do/assume; that's
good input to see if the consensus is consistent with the spec.

lisa