Re: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12

This is a very simple subject area, but there are some
choices to be made, and without a standard to define a common way,
we'll get folks just rolling their own with incompatible semantic
details (as is being done now).

So unless there are some actual technical problems with the REDIRECT
draft, I believe the current REDIRECT draft should go to "Proposed",
to address the interoperability in this area that already has arisen
due to the lack of a standard for how to author redirect references.

In this case, since there aren't any subtle technical issues/obstacles
to be addressed, and we just need a common convention, I think it is
appropriate for the draft standard to drive the implementations, rather
than the other way round.  In particular, the issue of authoring redirect
references isn't critical enough for folks to modify their current
mechanisms to make them interoperable, until there is a draft standard
that defines how to do so.