Re: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12

At 8:17 AM -0400 6/16/05, Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

>So unless there are some actual technical problems with the REDIRECT
>draft, I believe the current REDIRECT draft should go to "Proposed",
>to address the interoperability in this area that already has arisen
>due to the lack of a standard for how to author redirect references.
>
>In this case, since there aren't any subtle technical issues/obstacles
>to be addressed, and we just need a common convention, I think it is
>appropriate for the draft standard to drive the implementations, rather
>than the other way round.

Just as a quick clarification, am I right that you mean you want
the current draft, as a Proposed Standard, to guide implementations?
Because of the usual draft-vs.-Draft Standard, I could read your
message to mean "wait until the Draft Standard conditions are met",
and it seems safer to confirm your intent.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie