RE: Comments on bind-08

Jim wrote on 12/01/2004 03:16:02 PM:

> Geoff writes:
>    I'm OK with adding this as the form of an example, i.e., in section
2.6,
>    after the sentence stating that new resources get new resource-id's,
we
>    could say that "for example, when a new version resource is created,
it
>    receives a new resource-id".
>
> That's fine with me, and let's mention VCRs while we're at it.

Now that's a more interesting topic (:-).

When you use the VERSION-CONTROL method with a specified Version,
one could interpret that as just restoring that resource, as opposed
to creating a new resource.  I can imagine repository vendors having
strong
(contradictory :-) opinions on that topic, so I'd suggest maintaining
a discrete silence on that topic for now (and if it needs to be resolved,
do so in the RFC-3253bis, and not in the binding specification).