Re: BIND issue 3.2_example, was: Comments on bind-08

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:35:08 +0100
To: ejw@cs.ucsc.edu
CC: "'WebDAV (WebDAV WG)'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Jim Whitehead wrote:
> After refreshing my memory on relative URL calculation, I now agree the
> example is right. Is there anyplace in the DAV specifications where we state
> what URL should be used as the base URL for relative URL calculation? I
> don't think this is in 2518 anyplace. Did this make it into 2518bis?

RFC2518bis attempts to clarify this (however I'm not yet happy with the
way it does it :-). Apache/moddav routinely returns DAV:href elements
containing relativeURI starting with a "/", which doesn't seem to cause
any interop problems in practice (of course, returning non-root
relativeURI will be way more interesting, but that's something
RFC2518bis should resolve).

Julian