Re: Issue 2.5_language, was: ID: draft-ietf-webdav-bind-05

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Because the sentence talked only about one collection supporting REBIND,
> and I would think that the most important collection to support REBIND
> in this case would be the source collection.  I think that was a
> reasonable and careful read of the text.

Well, no:

"If the destination collection of a MOVE request supports the REBIND
method (see Section 6), a MOVE of a resource into that collection MAY be
implemented as a REBIND request."

The text clearly talks about the destination collection, and as far as I
can tell, it's doing that on purpose.

> Perhaps my assumption would not have held up if the sentence had said
> "if the destination collection and the source resource of a MOVE request
> both support the REBIND method ..." etc.

The source resource doesn't need to support REBIND - REBIND is a method
where the Request-URI is the target collection into which the new
binding is added.

Best regards, Julian