RE: Move and Delete (was: bind draft issues)

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:34:16 -0500
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I still vote for "SHOULD".  In particular, given the problems
partial DELETE and partial MOVE can produce in a multiple binding
context, a server that supports multiple bindings to a resource
SHOULD do those operations atomically unless it
has a very good reason to do otherwise (e.g. the scenario I
posted earlier).

Cheers,
Geoff