RE: Using If and not failing

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:08:16 +0100
To: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

I'm aware of the original mail.

Fact is, there has been extensive dicussion about this mail (with Dan *not*
returning to the list). We have tried to analyze the problem, and we have
made proposals how to achieve the desired semantics. I even posted a test
suite.

We are now waiting for feedback, in particular a discussion whether our
proposal works for the clients or not (in which case they need to explain
*why*). It seems to be impossible to get this kind of feedback. Until we get
it, I'd propose to consider this particular issue (how to let a request
succeed when the lock token is known, but the lock has gone away) as closed.

Julian