From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 01:28:39 +0200
To: "Jason Crawford" <ccjason@us.ibm.com>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
Not exactly the WebDAV community in total, but the subset of it actively
working on fixing RFC2518.

Regarding role URIs: yes, I'd expect this: see, for instance:

BTW: just because a role is identified by a URI, it doesn't need to be
opaque. For instance, the role URI may identify a HTTP-GETtable resource in
a specific format. There's a reason why the ACL spec identifies principals
by URI instead of marshalling all principal information in each PROPFIND,