WebDAV properties vs. variants

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:15:24 +0100
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi,

I think we need to clarify how HTTP variants relate to WebDAV properties.

1) The headers returned upon HTTP's GET reflect meta-information about the
entity which was returned. This in turn depends on the variant that was
selected (based on context and request headers).

2) WebDAV's "get*" properties are defined to reflect whatever the entity
headers for this resource would have been.

I'd say this means that:

3) PROPFIND should use the same algorithm to internally select a version as
GET.

4) Does this also mean that properties other than the "get*" properties
reflect information about a specific variant and not the resource itself?

Julian