RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:32:17 -0400
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>, "Webdav WG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org

It sounds like we're converging on a proposal that looks much like Julian's
at the bottom of the following posting...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0119.html

I have one other proposal to make.  It's based on the above proposal, but
adjusts it a bit so that we have room to
add other structured data to the source tag later if we want.   It just
creates a tag (sourcelabel) to envelop the optional? natural
language description of the source.

   <D:prop xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:F="http://www.foocorp.com/Project/">
     <D:source-set>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/main.c"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">source file</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/main.lib"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">library file</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/makefile"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">makefile</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
     </D:source-set>
   </D:prop>

Also please comment on how you'd express the situation where a single
source URL has multiple roles.

Thanks :-)

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com