RE: xml:space

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 12:31:40 +0200
To: "Jason Crawford" <ccjason@us.ibm.com>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

OK, I'd propose to add to section 4.4 the simple statement:

"White space in property values is significant. The XML attribute xml:space
MUST not be used to change white space handling."

Also, we should make sure that all examples follow this rule.

(If somebody disagrees, I'd like to see examples of interoperability where
white space indeed is handled as insignificant).