RE: WebDAV property schema lookup

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:43:53 +0200
To: "Eric Sedlar" <eric.sedlar@oracle.com>
Cc: "DAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Eric,

the current proposal ist at:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatypes-la
test.html>

The format should allow "almost" generic editing (it will require that the
editor recognizes the reported data types).

The current proposal does not cover your three requirements. However I agree
that discovery of these properties makes a lot of sense -- the main question
being, how to marshall this information. Also, servers may not *have* this
information about dead properties (unless we define a protocol that
specificies how to send this information *to* the server). The least
intrusive way to provide additional information about properties the server
is aware of seems to be a special REPORT...

Julian