WebDAV property schema lookup

From: Eric Sedlar <eric.sedlar@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:30:12 -0800
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "DAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Julian--

  I recall that you had a proposal for getting the schema of the properties on a particular resource via DAV.  Does this proposal also allow for a generic property editor client?  It seems like we need a way for the server to indicate to a client:

* what properties are editable by end-users
* what properties are displayable
* what are the localized displaynames for those properties (taking into account the Accept-Language header as PROPFIND would for property values).

Does your proposal cover those issues?  Can you give me a pointer to your draft?

Thanks,

  Eric