RE: content type for WebDAV request/response bodies, was: [ACL] Access Control Protocol -07 submitted

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:49:54 +0100
To: <mtimmerm@opentext.com>, "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Lisa Dusseault'" <lisa@xythos.com>, "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Why do you think that we need an encoding scheme?

And does the encoding scheme need to produce URIs, or will any Unicode
string do?

I think that identifying properties using the pair (namespace name, local
name) is just fine, and how a server treats this internally shouldn't be of
any concern to the spec.