Re: A question

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 05:18:28 -0400
To: warner.c@apple.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
   From: Clark Warner <warner.c@apple.com>

   My apologies to the group if I have failed to notice the obvious.
   Since the result of a GET on a collection may bear no correlation
   to the membership of a collection, I am curious as to what is the
   best way to enumerate the members of a collection.  Is it possible
   to do this with a PROPFIND with a depth header of 1 and then a careful
   parsing of the return for URI's of the member resources ?

I believe the answer is yes, and that it is the best/only way.

   Is there a defined property for member resources ?

No, but I have proposed that there be such a property for advanced
collections (this would just be the set of names of the internal
members).

   I am new to WebDAV and http so please be kind.

It was a very reasonable question!

Cheers,
Geoff