Re: Advanced collections and ordering

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:18:19 +0000
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
"Slein, Judith A" wrote:

> Do you know of applications that need this third kind of support, or servers
> that really offer clients a choice from among multiple server-maintained
> orderings?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Some time ago, Jim Whitehead and I were talking about the possibility of using
DAV to implement a message forum.  In such a system, there are at least three
obvious useful orderings: by sender, by date, and by thread.

|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |