Re: Advanced collections and ordering

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:22:08 -0400
To: francis@ecal.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
And based on a few minutes of thought (and therefore at risk of being
significantly wrong :-), I believe that the new "bind" style advanced
collections being proposed would be very compatible with a server that
wanted to present several "ordered collections" containing the same
resources, but sorted by different orderings.

Cheers,
Geoff

   From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
   Some time ago, Jim Whitehead and I were talking about the possibility of using
   DAV to implement a message forum.  In such a system, there are at least three
   obvious useful orderings: by sender, by date, and by thread.