Re: Advanced collections and ordering

Yes, this would be for a read-only interface.  Which makes it of minimal
(if any :-) interest.

It's starting to look to me that what people really
want is a "query" collection, which has a one property which is the
collection being queried against, another property which
defines the ordering, and perhaps another "filter" property which
defines the subset of the collection you wish to see.

My personal opinion is that adding something minimal to ordered collections
(like a standard name for server defined orderings) won't get us anywhere
close to where people want to be.