Re: Update to draft-ietf-webdav-dublin-core

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:16:04 -0700
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
"Geoffrey M. Clemm" wrote:

> It makes it easier to do incremental update in a simple uniform way.
> Without the XML DTD for collections, it would not be feasible to use
> an XML-based incremental update protocols for incremental update of
> collections.

Why do you need a special mechanism for incremental update of
collections? You can just work on the collection members--PUT to /foo/bar is an incremental
update of /foo/.

If you're talking about some way of patching a whole collection at once, I think we've
punted the question of diffs (incremental updates) as being a more general problem; httpext
should work on diffs before we can apply the technology for patches.

--
|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported  |