Re: Namespace consistency

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:26:56 -0700
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jim Amsden wrote:

> >"We would like to support DAV methods in
> >this subtree but we don't want to support them on the root but the protocol
> >says we MUST do it, so can we still use DAV?"
>
> It should be possible to configure a DAV server to have a document root
> contained in "collection" that is not DAV compliant. For example, I use the
> Java Web Server's doc.root of c:\some-path\public-html and set the doc.root for
> my authoring web server to be c:\some-path\public-html\dav.

Yeah, but then you can't use the same URI for authoring as for browsing, in which
case you might as well author via FTP.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |Beware of wizards, for you are crunchy   |
|francis@netscape.com      | and good with ketchup.                  |
New area code for work number: 650