Re: Adv. Coll. items from the 42nd IETF

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:25:27 -0700
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Jim Amsden wrote:

> 4. Issue: Should the owner of a resource should be able to prevent creation of
> references to it via ACL?  This would affect requirements for ACL, not ACR.
>
> No, creating a reference to a resource should only require read access to the
> resource.

Probably not even that--a reference presents no more risk to the resource than a
link.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      |Beware of wizards, for you are crunchy   |
|francis@netscape.com      | and good with ketchup.                  |
New area code for work number: 650