Re: Additional WebDAV Requirements?

From: John Stracke <francis@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:53:03 -0700
To: "Jeffrey E. Sussna" <jes@kuantech.com>
CC: "'Bruce Cragun'" <BCragun.ORM2-1.OREM2@gw.novell.com>, fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Jeffrey E. Sussna wrote:

> As I stated before, it is
> true that the implementation under the covers has to treat ACL's specially.

I believe that, if the implementation has to treat it separately, we Ought To
make sure that the protocol design treats it separately.  (Don't anybody take
this too broadly, mind you; I can think of exceptions just as well as you
can.  :-) Calling it out separately in the spec will make sure that
implementers have to write separate code, and have to pay the special
attention needed to make it work, rather than requiring them to figure it the
implications themselves.

--
|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|"How can one       |