RE: Additional WebDAV Requirements?

From: Babich, Alan <ABabich@filenet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:36:04 -0700
To: "'Jeffrey E. Sussna'" <jes@kuantech.com>, "Babich, Alan" <ABabich@felix.filenet.com>, "'Bruce Cragun'" <BCragun.ORM2-1.OREM2@gw.novell.com>, fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu, francis@netscape.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I was just trying to help clarify some of the
issues for Bruce, not comment on the details of the
LDAP approach. My point is that one can not treat
ACL's *exactly* the same as ordinary properties in
all respects. There has to be something at least
a little different, because the main functionality
of ACL's is a different kind of functionality than
that of ordinary properties.

Alan Babich