Re: LINK support

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@www10.w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 08:27:16 -0500
To: "Gregory J. Woodhouse" <gjw@wnetc.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@www10.w3.org
At 12:12 PM 1/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
>... I'd
>like to have a URI such that a GET on that URI would return a
>multipart/related mesage containing those documents LINKed to a given base
>document.

Do you mean you'd like to know what other resources (documents) on the
Web contain LINKs with a destination equal to the specified URI?  If so,
what do you suggest as the scope of the search?  Just the same server?
A specified list of servers?  All servers on the Web?

If you mean that you'd like to retrieve the LINKs *stored with* the
specified URI (and therefore whose destinations are other resources)
this is much better defined, and within the scope of WEBDAV.

I'd resist the temptation to turn WEBDAV into a general distributed
database protocol :-)

-Ralph