Re: metadata for the web

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@www10.w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:06:23 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@www10.w3.org
On 1/30/97, Larry Masinter wrote:
>"Representing the Dublin Core within X.500, LDAP and CLDAP"
>I think it would make a good addition to the WEBDAV home page.

Good pointer, Larry.  There is also a proposal in the works to
extend PICS values (dropping the values are rational number
restriction) specifically to be able to use PICS as a transfer
syntax for Dublin Core -- and other -- metadata.  See

(This is just a set of slides with no accompanying narrative,
unfortunately, but the significant points should be evident.)