E-mail access

From: Gregory J. Woodhouse <gjw@wnetc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 10:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I don't think it has yet been decided whether our charter will be modified
to bring e-mail access within scope, nor do I know what kind of interest
there is in this functionality. So, I think I'll start out with an
informal survey/straw poll:

If DAV tools supported both HTTP and e-mail access, would you use one
method or the other, or perhaps both?

Do you believe the asynchronous nature of e-mail access would pose
significant problems for large projects?

If you do think e-mail access would be useful, would you describe some
scenarios under which you would be likely to use it? How would you *not*
choose to use e-mail for DAV functionality?

What kinds of advantages and/or limitations of e-mail access would be
deciding factor in your decision to use or not use this functionality?

Do you see projects as being e-mail only, HTTP only, or using some
combination of the two?

---
Gregory Woodhouse
gjw@wnetc.com    /    http://www.wnetc.com/home.html
If you're going to reinvent the wheel, at least try to come
up with a better one.