RE: E-mail access

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@exch1.indy.tce.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:44:03 -0500
To: "'Dylan Barrell'" <dbarrell@opentext.ch>, "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, "'Ron Daniel, Jr.'" <rdaniel@lanl.gov>
Ron, you wrote:
>Having said that, I think those situations are in the minority. Further,
>nobody has yet said that they are going to implement DAV in email. So,
>I think the WG's approach of trying not to preclude DAV in email, but
>not working on that particular problem right now, is just about right.

It seems that way to me too.  We should not gratuitously preclude email
access (I suspect we will be able to use it eventually at TCE), but I
don't think we need to devote a lot of attention to it right now (except
enough so that we don't preclude email access).
Mark Leighton Fisher          Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com          Indianapolis, IN
"ViaCrypt?  Vhy not!"