Re: [Uri-review] ssh URI

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:01:34 -0400
To: Steve Suehring <suehring@braingia.org>
Cc: uri-review@ietf.org, uri@w3.org
I don't see a need to define a new URI scheme for this.  You can just
define an http URI prefix for this purpose, as described in
http://dbooth.org/2006/urn2http/

Furthermore, as Graham Klyne suggested during a similar discussion
earlier, "an HTTP URI can also retrieve a protocol [handler]
implementation"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2009Sep/0029.html
This could dramatically improve the adoption rate of a new protocol.

David Booth