Re: http-urls style, trailing slash and webdav

=?UTF-8?B?UmV0byBCYWNobWFubi1HbcO8cg==?= wrote:

> It seems that the expected behavior is  that an URL with
> removed trailing slash either causes the same server response
> or a redirect to the resource with trailing slash.

Two possibilities.  But nothing's wrong if you get different
results for different URLs:

<http://purl.net/net/abuse/> and <http://purl.net/net/abuse>

> Is there any recommendation or standard on this?

STD 66 (RfC 3986), different URLs can be really different.

Of course some traditional file systems won't let you have a
file foo in the same directory with a sub-directory foo, but
http servers are not limited to what some file-systems can or
can't do.
                     Bye, Frank

P.S.: I'm too lazy to decode your UTF-8 display name and my UA
      is a bit stupid, sorry.