Re: W3C Spec Restyle Phase II

On 3 Jul 2012, at 2:25 PM, fantasai wrote:

> Since Robin Berjon and I happened to be in the same place last week,
> we decided to try taking the data collected with Tantek and Vincent
> about what needs to go into W3C specs:
>  http://www.w3.org/wiki/SpecProd/Restyle/Content
>
> And pull it into Karl Dubost's design template:
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2011OctDec/0095.html
>
> Here's the result:
>  http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/w3c-restyle/
>
> There's a lot more metadata than what Karl had represented, so we
> couldn't do exactly his design, but we tried to get close.
>
> So, here's where you (spec-prod) come in! Please comment on the design,
> focusing on the organization of the information, not on the CSS (which
> is a mess).

Hi Fantasai,

Please include two more bits:

 * Superseded. There should be a visible indicator (and non-visible information as well) when a specification has been superseded. This may happen
   as frequently as "with the publication of the next draft.")

 * Ready to use? There should be an easy-to-find answer to that question up front. Where the answer is "Yes, but..." there should be clues of how to
   get more detail.

 Also, I don't love "Paraphernalia". How about "Use it" ? There should be a link for errata there as well (when relevant).

Ian