Re: W3C Spec Restyle Phase II

On 07/03/2012 12:50 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Please include two more bits:
>
>   * Superseded. There should be a visible indicator (and non-visible information as well) when a specification has been superseded. This may happen
>     as frequently as "with the publication of the next draft.")

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you show me an example?

>   * Ready to use? There should be an easy-to-find answer to that question up front. Where the answer is "Yes, but..." there should be clues of how to
>     get more detail.

The answer is "Yes, but..." in every case, isn't it? :)
Officially CR or later is "ready to use", right? But that doesn't seem
to be a high-fidelity marker these days. I'm not sure how much it makes
sense to make up some other status marker that's unrelated to the W3C
Process. The CSSWG has its own set of phases, which are used on
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work
but I'm not sure they'd be relevant to other WGs.

>   Also, I don't love "Paraphernalia". How about "Use it" ? There should be a link for errata there as well (when relevant).

I don't think "Use it" is an improvement, but Paraphernalia was
chosen to make people come up with better ideas. :P

~fantasai