ReSpec and Events

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 02:47:47 -0500
To: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>, 'Robin Berjon' <robin@berjon.com>
Hi, Robin-

I've been using ReSpec for the Touch Interface spec [1], and I wondered
if perhaps there could be some specific formatting and styling for events.

In DOM3 Events, we make a little table for all the relevant properties,
and it would be nice to have a consistent convention for other specs
that use events.  A fairly involved event type is 'wheel', for example,
since it inherits from MouseEvent:UIEvent:Event, giving it a lengthy set
of characteristics. [2]

What would you think of adding something like this?  Should I look into
doing it myself?

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/tip/touchevents.html
[2]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#event-type-wheel

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs