Re: Proposed W3C Spec Conventions

On 18/02/10 11:51, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2010, at 20:07 , Doug Schepers wrote:
>> Now that we have people talking about it, let's decide what changes would need to be made, to either the spec-conventions doc, to ReSpec, or to CSS pre-processor / Anolis.

Having nicer, more useful, id generation for interfaces was something I
was thinking about a month or two ago, and I was somewhat tempted to
implement such a thing for Anolis 2, though I haven't done so yet.

Using a for terms is probably nicer, but is backwards incompatible, and
adding a whole load more elements to have to check the contents of is
just going to slow stuff down even further (which in the HTML 5 case is
already a non-trivial cost). There again, I was tempted to make one or
two backwards incompatible changes in Anolis 2 anyway… Hixie, thoughts?
I guess if you can live with it others can…

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com/>