Re: ReSpec: showing date of last modification in <h2>

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:49:13 +0100
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Hi Dom,

On Mar 2, 2010, at 15:35 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Currently, ReSpec shows today's date as the draft date when in Editors
> mode  that's not nearly as useful as if it showed the date of the
> actual last modification to the document.
>
> One option would be to ask editors to include a ReSpec config param like
> lastModDate = "$Date$"; which CVS would automatically expand into actual
> data, and that could be shown on editors draft.

This can actually be already half supported if you set publishDate = "$Date$". As Shane pointed out though, it currently won't understand CVS's date format, but that can be worked around easily.

Another option, which to my eyes at least has the benefit that it doesn't rely on CVS, would be to use document.lastModified in the code when publishDate isn't set. I think that it ought to work fine, though I haven't tested it.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards