Re: Proposed W3C Spec Conventions

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:07:03 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Spec Prod <spec-prod@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 2/17/10 4:02 AM):
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:51:59 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>> The new home of the Proposed Spec Conventions is here:
>> http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/spec-conventions.html
> This looks really cool!

> Though some of these rules seem incompatible
> with the CSS pre-processor / Anolis conventions.

I did take specific feedback from several CSS WG folks, but if you have
other examples of incompatibilities, I am open to changing them.

> For terms we use <dfn> but we use the title attribute as well to provide
> detail, more or less per these rules:
> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100204#l-529

Is this all of them?

What's the example usage here?  Like, for @bar of <foo>, is this right?

Seems reasonable to me, if a bit terse.

> If everyone followed those rules we could have cross-references between
> all specifications when that feature is implemented a little better.

I'm all for that.

> I suppose we can also alter those rules a little if people prefer a
> different style.

Now that we have people talking about it, let's decide what changes
would need to be made, to either the spec-conventions doc, to ReSpec, or
to CSS pre-processor / Anolis.

I will change DOM3 Events to conform to whatever we decide.

-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs