Re: Proposed W3C Spec Conventions

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:51:59 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> I have updated the specification conventions based on some more
> feedback, and I'm currently using these conventions in DOM3 Events, and
> the SVG WG will be using them in all the SVG specs (note, it's still not
> official, but it has to start somewhere).
>
> However, I'd also like to get someone with a decent design sensibility
> to work on the appearance/presentation.  Can anyone suggest a designer
> who'd be willing to do so?
>
> The new home of the Proposed Spec Conventions is here:
>   http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/spec-conventions.html

This looks really cool! Though some of these rules seem incompatible with
the CSS pre-processor / Anolis conventions.

For terms we use <dfn> but we use the title attribute as well to provide
detail, more or less per these rules:

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20100204#l-529

If everyone followed those rules we could have cross-references between
all specifications when that feature is implemented a little better. I
suppose we can also alter those rules a little if people prefer a
different style.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/