generating html from spec xml?

From: Mark D. Anderson <mda@discerning.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 16:07:03 -0800
To: <spec-prod@w3.org>
Hi, I just stumbled upon XMLspec and this mailing list.
I see no sign either in the specification nor in the archives
of how one generates html or other presentation formats
from the underlying source xml?

I perused the head of the html source of a few recent w3c specs
hoping to find information on the generator(s), but didn't find
any good clues.

Ideally, there would be both example xsl style sheets for
the forward thinking, as well as a shrink-wrap command line
html-generator utility for the pragmatic.

-mda