Re: looking for system status (Re: Problems with CGI server)

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:39:16 -0500
To: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org, w3t-sys@w3.org

On 19 Oct 2009, at 7:59 AM, Ralph R. Swick wrote:

> I'm trying to find the link to the W3C System Status page [1] on
> the new site.  Maybe the fact that [1] is suffering bit-rot is an
> acceptable reason for it not being easy to find anymore, but
> I'd really like to see that page maintained.   This had previously
> been linked directly from the home page.  It doesn't need to be
> one click from the home page but the path shouldn't be hard to guess.

Thanks for the usability feedback. I've added links in three places:

  * About W3C (Right side quick link)
  * Help (Webmaster FAQ). Also put there what to do when you
experience an issue not already spotted.
  * Site index

  Ian

P.S. The Member home page has a link as well (but that was the only
one I recall putting in place).