Re: validator tool

On 19 Oct 2009, at 6:58 AM, Anonymz0rz wrote:

> Hi.
> First of the site looks great, way better then the previous one.

Thank you, Fredrik, and thanks for leading with that ;)

> Now to a thing that annoys me a little.
>
> The validator tools seems kinda hidden on the right side.

I'm assuming you are talking about the home page. We struggled with
this question quite a bit,
trying to find the right place. The outcome was the Validators section
on the right side, which in general
will be higher up on the page. Right now we have a special item for
the developer gathering, but
that will go away in a couple of weeks, and the validators bits will
move up the page again.

> Its the reason why i usually go to the w3c site and im sure its the
> reason
> for many others too.
> So put them where its easy & fast to access them.

I'm glad to hear you are a supporter of the validator. And I agree
with your observation, which is why
we put the validators block fairly high up the page. I'm glad to have
your feedback, which is part of
confirming that it should remain high up the page.

Are you satisfied with the answer "it will move up in a few weeks."? I
believe that will put it above the fold almost all the time.