Re: Finding the Process Document?

On 19 Oct 2009, at 8:04 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> While we're on navigation pieces: My usual way to go to the Process
> document used to be "w3.org, search "Process", click on it" -- these
> days, I end up going through the Google site search, which strikes
> me as a bit counter-intuitive.

How to get the process document:

  1) All the pages of the new site have a search box at the top. Type
"process" and it's the first search result.
      That requires typing the same number of letters and following
one link, but does require pushing a button.

  2) About W3C:
      http://www.w3.org/Consortium/

     There's a section called "Facts about W3C" which lists process
among other things. If you expand, you
      get a direct link to the process document.

  3) Facts about W3C. It's there in the body and in the reference docs
on the right side.
     http://www.w3.org/Consortium/facts

  4) Site index (just added; pat policy was already there)

There are other places as well (e.g., from the Member site in process/
patent policy contexts).

The process document is not something that one uses every day, and
therefore we moved the link from the home page to one page away
("About W3C").

  _ Ian