Re: [Moderator Action] Internet 2.0

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:17:56 -0500
To: erika rathje <design@erikarathje.ca>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
Hi Erika,

Web 2.0 is an effective marketing term. I recommend reading Tim
O'Reilly's article on what he considers Web 2.0:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html

Most of what drives Web 2.0 under the hood are W3C standards; in the
coming months I anticipate we will be doing more to ensure that people
recognize W3C's role in enabling some of the current movements.

 _ Ian

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 02:04 +0000, erika rathje wrote:

> I've heard a few things about the coming Internet 2.0 (or Web 2.0?).
>  From the point of view of an interactive designer, it seemed that it/
> the government would be putting restrictions on website designs. I've
> read about people considering it just to be hype, that companies use
> it as a buzz word. What does Web 2.0 really mean for creative people
> designing websites and publishing their opinions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erika Rathje

> erika rathje //
> web + graphic design //
> http://www.erikarathje.ca

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447