Re: [Moderator Action] RSS Feed from W3C?

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:21:47 -0500
To: "Sall, Kenneth B." <KENNETH.B.SALL@saic.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
Hi Ken,

Thanks for writing. We are currently redesigning the /TR page and
we expect to offer publication information via a feed. That project
is moving along but slowly.

We are currently discussing the Atom feed question internally. Stay
tuned on the home page!

 _ Ian

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:33 +0000, Sall, Kenneth B. wrote:
> Why is the syndication feed for the W3C home page only offered as RSS?
> Considering that Atom Syndication Format is an IETF proposed standard,
> shouldnąt Atom be an option too? Also, I would love to see the TR
> (Technical Reports and Publications) page offered as a feed. It is
> almost always a day or two ahead of the home page in announcing
> specification updates. I check the TR page nearly every day for this
> reason, but would prefer to see only the updated items in a feed.
>

> See http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/home.rss and
> http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/#
>

> Thanks for listening.
>

> Ken Sall
>
> XML Data and Systems Analyst
>
> SAIC - Digital Asset Solutions Division
>
> cell:    301-672-3269
>
> office: 703-709-3889
>
> fax:    703-476-1532
>
> Kenneth.B.Sall@SAIC.com or sallk@SAIC.com

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447