Re: W3 Org-Tidy HTML Security

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:31:42 -0500
To: mbneill@bellsouth.net
Cc: site-comments@w3.org, html-tidy@w3.org
Hello, Mildred and Burnham,

> To Whom It May Concern,- I received an e-mail to upgrade our security in
> HTML Tidy. When I click the link I get a Page Can Not Be Found. Was this
> a spam or virus? We like Tidy and use it alot and would hate to lose it
> and go to the trouble of signing up again. Your answer on this will be
> greatly appreciated. Sincerely, - Mildred and Burnham Neill, Long time
> users!

I am not aware of a security update for Tidy and am cc'ing a W3C mailing list
(html-tidy@w3.org) just in case people there know of one.

Tidy is no longer developed at W3C and is now at SourceForge [1]. If there is
a concern, the sourceforge site appears to have instructions for reporting the
email you received.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps,
--