Re: accessibility

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 02 Nov 2003 09:13:39 -0500
To: "karen.holz666" <karen.holz666@ntlworld.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org, shawn@w3.org, jbrewer@w3.org
On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 07:56, karen.holz666 wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam
>
> I am on an Open University Web site building course and the W3C site
> is supposed to be one of the reference resources.  Unfortunately I
> found that quite a few student on the course found the W3C site very
> difficult to understand and navigate.  You wouldn't, by any change,
> have a translation of this site for more intellectually challenged
> people like myself?

Hello Felicia,

WAI is currently doing usability testing of its portion
of the W3C site. While I am not involved directly in that
process, I suspect that the people who are would welcome
specific comments about what the students found difficult.
This will help WAI redesign the site.

Thank you,

 _ Ian

> After all isn't this site supposed to promote accessibility - I wonder
> what Tim-Berners Lee would have to say about this?
> Regards
> Felicia Holz
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447