searching

From: J O'Kane <d.okane@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:21:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
Hi,
As a nearly beginner to html I find the site complicated. I have to find out what the following tags are:
<U>
<I>
<OL>
<OL>
etcetera
I will have to look elsewhere and this isn't a problem, but it strikes me as being a bit poor that you don't have a page that explains the basic tags. I am sure they are there somewhere, but one would need a degree in programming to find them - when I put in search on this site I came up with what looks like  C++ design,
Jim O'Kane
jokane@ntlworld.com