Re: CSS2 spec unreadable

From: Tethys <tet@accucard.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:32:29 +0000
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
cc: site-comments@w3.org

"Ian B. Jacobs" writes:

>Unfortunately, our policy prevents us from changing the already
>published document.

Hmmm. I can see why, yet this is purely a presentational change.
Isn't the point of CSS to separate content from presentation, so
that presentation can be changed without affecting the content?
Adding anchor styles to "styles/default.css" would in no way
change the spec, but *would* make it more readable in some cases.

>You can download the first page of the specification
>and in the HTML change:

Surely in the CSS spec of all places, this should have been:

in the first place :-)

Tet