Re: CSS2 spec unreadable

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:03:27 -0500
To: Tethys <tet@accucard.com>
CC: site-comments@w3.org

Tethys wrote:
> I was somewhat amused to see that the CSS2 spec at:
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
>
> is all but unreadable. The problem is that it's setting a background
> image, but not specifying link colours. So my browser's default pale
> green links are all but invisible against your pale blue background!
>
> Can you either remove the background image, or give some suitable
> styles to your anchors, so they contrast better with the background?

Hello,

Unfortunately, our policy prevents us from changing the already
published document. Our specifications no longer use this
background for good reason...

You can download the first page of the specification
and in the HTML change:

to:

I note that the chapters after the cover page do not
use the background image.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447